Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Back

It's been almost 4 months since the last time I posted anything in this blog. At the beginning I didn't post simply because I didn't have the time and access to internet. Then, after some time, I started to realize that it was just not possible for me to write what I wanted, or as I wanted. I did try and wrote several posts that I never finished. Once I revised them a few days later to publish, I had a completely different perspective on what I wanted to tell and had to start again. This is what happens when you find yourself each few days in a different city, with different people, living different lives. The only constant is change.

I realized I need some stability to write. Some time to think about what the hell is going on. I just can't sit in an internet cafe and vomit what's in my mind. If I can't understand it, other people surely won't either. This would be so much easier if I just liked to write straight-forward chronicles.

The burden of telling my accumulated experiences and thoughts grown over time, along with my accumulated experiences and thoughts, and became a monster. A huge monster that feeds on untold stories and undocumented experiences.

The only way I can find to stop this cycle, to stop feeding the animal, is to just write something, anything, as I'm doing right now; and later I'll find the way to fill the huge gap. Or not.

I already divided the different stages of my trip and uploaded some photos to illustrate what's yet to be written. At least it's a start.

2 comments:

ktirita said...

I feel ya bro, it might not look that way though...

slave2words said...

It´s the same for me too...I´m in this eternal journey, away from home (I mean my family, friends and the place where I spent all my life: Argentina) since 2004.
I´m the most of the time in Germany, so the outside didn´t change as much as the inside. And when you travel for a long time, it becomes a journey inside of you.
Everything happens so fast. There is no way to keep your blog updated!
But you, me, all "bloggers" need to keep trying!!