Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Istanbul Reunion

And it happened. Around 15 people came to Istanbul for the reunion. I'm sure it's definitely not something that happens very often. 15 people from 5 different continents got together in the same place and time after 2 years.

For me it was just perfect. I confirmed 2 things after this reunion: 1) I still love Istanbul so much. I'll come back, maybe very soon; and 2) The friends I've made there 2 years ago are the kind I know will continue for the rest of my life, and the kind I'm sure I'll meet many more times in the future. I'm sure all this might sound very corny, but the experiences I had in Istanbul taught me to forget my cynicism and realize that this kinds of things are also very real.

I almost don't have pictures from the reunion in my flickr account because I decided not to worry about taking my camera and just be there with my friends. Many other people took photos so I didn't need to anyway. I'll ask them to see if I can upload some of theirs in flickr.

Next Reunion: India 2008

In Istanbul I learned that Aakash, my indian friend, is getting married in January next year, so I'm sure my trip will end with a golden seal in India. Another incredible opportunity that surely I'm not going to let go. Not only will be a proper indian wedding with 2000 guests, the groom ridding a white horse, the costumes, dances and all of that; but apparently will be 2 weddings, one catholic in one city, and another hindi in another city, on 2 consecutive weekends. I mean, how perfect can it be. A whole week event traveling in India.

No comments: