Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Istanbul once again

I just wanted to write a little about my last days in Istanbul, after the trip to the east.

Coming back to Istanbul after all the others had left was a very strange and interesting situation. For the first time I was the only foreigner in the city - not in a literal sense of course. I stayed with my turkish friends and it was great to have a different taste of the city, sharing life only with locals. It's not that it's better or worse, but it's a completely different experience. A new city opened up to be explored, but it also has a lot to do with the fact that I was free for the first time with no work responsabilities as I had 2 years ago, which I always knew that it was taking a major part of the experience of living in Istanbul and Turkey.

I want to thank all of my friends in Istanbul for their incredible hospitality. It never ceases to amaze me. Umut, Firat, Aziz, Ogul, and specially Bekir and Orhan for everything they did for me. çok teşekkürler arkaşlar!

No comments: